We design electronics for wireless and IoT products and platforms, at silicon, PCB, and system levels.
Computing systems are pervasive in our lives, and generally involve embedded microcontrollers and wired or wireless connectivity to enable new usage models that can drive immense value for end-user and product vendor alike.
Design and development of these platforms requires more than just an understanding of printed circuit board design. The necessary skill-set is broad and deep, and includes:
- Signal integrity in mixed-signal and high-speed digital systems
- Radio frequency subsystems, antennas, and coexistence concerns
- Low power design to meet available power constraints, or for maximum battery lifetime
- Cost reduction through BOM minimisation, and design for manufacturability
- Design for EMC and regulatory compliance
Virscient brings extensive experience in the development and productionisation of non-trivial electronic systems. We recognise that the total cost of ownership for such platforms extends far beyond PCB and components - ease of software development and maintenance, manufacturability, testability, and overall time to market must all be considered in the design of such systems.
Our broad cross-layer and multi-technology experience enables us to identify the trade-offs that best fit the requirements of the project in question, so we can work with our clients to make decisions that will bring them maximum return on investment.